Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Look, New Location


It's sunny and warm today--the sense that spring has come and with spring, some changes. First, my new look. That's my new header, above, designed by Nina Goffi, an illustration major at the University of the Arts. She was incredibly patient and thoughtful through the long process of me trying to decide what The Uncataloged Museum was really about and how to represent it visually. And it's living evidence of how you never know what inspires a visitor. The beetles came from her visit to the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow this past January.  So I'm very pleased to have her curious, engaged visitors represent me!

And a new location.  I leave tomorrow for another four months as a Fulbright Scholar in Ukraine.   I'll be based in Kyiv, but will have the opportunity, once again, to travel throughout the country, learning about museums and heritage and working with different organizations.  Many plans and ideas are percolating with my colleagues there, so look forward to many more blog posts about life and work in a complicated, fascinating place.  Want to contact me directly?   I'm never far from email to talk about ideas and projects no matter where you are.

A return to Ukraine also means many more posts on The Pickle Project.  So don't forget to check it out to learn more about Ukrainian foodways,  sustainable economies and traditions, and of course, pickles!

3 comments:

Anna said...

what a great logo!

KT said...

Nice blog you have here. Hello from another Fulbrighter. Have fun in Ukraine.

Unknown said...

Hey Linda, I respect very much your work and I am also interest in Ukraine! I hope we will have good connection each other!
I'm writing a Blog in a funny way about Ukraine and ukrainians with some comparison with italian culture :)
I leave you here my link so you can have a look!
www.laorcaslavofila.blogspot.com

Hope you would like, bye!